How can I become a volunteer Docent at Smithville?

Contact Larry Gladfelter and he can begin your training and answer all questions.  Larry has created a printed program with the historical information that you will need.  Docents are needed twice a week during the months of May through October and daily for the month of December.  There are also some special events during the year and several evening tours during December for the Victorian Christmas.  It is a very rewarding and enjoyable experience.


Who do I contact so that I can help with the Victorian Teas?

Jo Stepler is our Tea Specialist and organizes these tasty events.  There are many ways to help.  Baking, making tea sandwiches, brewing tea, serving, clean-up or escorting our guests through the Mansion are some ways to volunteer.  Contact Jo for additional information. 


What is involved with helping out with the Victorian Christmas?


There are many ways to be involved in the Victorian Christmas at Smithville.  Sally Dinn is the coordinator of this wonderful event.  If you or your group would like to decorate one of our rooms for December or if you would just like to help Sally, please contact her.  She could also put you in touch with the wonderful garden clubs that pick a room to decorate.  You may want to become involved with one of those groups.


How do I join Friends of the Mansion?

William Stepler is the Membership Chairperson.  Contact her with any membership questions.  There are many bonuses to joining FOMAS, in addition to supporting the Mansion restoration.



How can I help with room staging and acquiring antiques for the Mansion?

Joyce Wright is in charge of Acquisitions/Restorations and the decorating the interior of the Mansion.  If you have a love for Victorian antiques and crafts of the time period or love to stage rooms using period furniture, contact Joyce to volunteer.




How can I help out with the gardens at Smithville?


Help is always welcome in the gardens at Smithville.  The month of May is our main planting month but we are always pruning, deadheading or working on special projects.   We have a major grape arbor restoration in progress.   Also, our boxwoods are under special care.  The exterior of the Mansion is decorated for December.  Contact  Joan Bicker  if you have an interest in helping.


Can you rent the large tent in the Mansion Court Yard?

Yes!  Currently, the tent has been rented for weddings.  Contact Lynn Pitts, 609-265-5858 for information or visit the Burlington County Parks Website.


Does the Mansion host business meetings, showers, or special events?

You can rent the Billiard Room or Dining Room to host meetings and special events.  Those events can be linked to a Tour of the Mansion or a Tea and Tour. Contact President Larry Gladfelter at (609) 261-3295


How do I contact a FOMAS Board Member?

You can contact a board member by visiting the Board Members tab under the FOMAS section of the site.